Thursday, September 10, 2026

Your Body ...

(December Theme: “Winter Wonderland”) - 13 Dec 2023


        “Your body is a wonderland.” - John Mayer

You didn’t floss, and I can tell.
That “pork trapped in a crevice for 5 hours” smell.
You flop onto my soft couch, body relaxing.
Queuing the release of SO MUCH stored gas, passing.

You’re cursing at your belly in rage
While the old blood drips between your legs.
But I actually enjoy that massacre more
Than when it thickens and crusts up a few weeks before.

Those pulpy chunks will be back in my mouth soon, I know.
A Dali-fashioned timepiece: eggs that come and go
Like tides on a beach made of shedding skin and sweat,
With a hyper-happy sunrise and a bloated sunset.

But I keep coming back to this beach, too.
For all the “Ouch! Hot! Ooh! Cold!” whining that I do,
For all the oil in these waters and the fishbones in this sand,
I will swim beyond my breath,
    Will play until I chafe my flesh,
       Toes in the skim until there’s no light left:

Your body is a wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment