Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The Rain ...


Day 1: Black clouds, suddenly.
                                                                          Let loose on the tan and dry.
Day 2: Washed the oil off the road.
                                                       And the birds from the sky.
Day 3: Thought it was earlier
                                      morning – in the dim I slept.
Day 4: I saw my mirror's smile
                             fading – like a secret kept.
Day 5: I went for a run; the rain
                       felt warm, by the sun above it.
Day 6: I drank what I'd bottled –
                 clean and pure and cold. “I love it!”
Day 7: I took a shower – that felt so
             stupid, but I did anyway.
Day 8: Had lunch with a friend.
         Our soup was warm, but what more to say?
Day 9: Thought about taking a trip,
         just to see if there was something over cloud.
Day 10: My neighbor's footsteps. To the fridge,
         the couch, the fridge. They're so so loud.
Day 11: Thought of heaven. Missed my
          grandpa for ten hours, off and on.
Day 12: I crossed my hands, in hunger –
            said “Så vi äter bröd i Jesus namn.
Day 13: Wasn't so hungry. Didn't eat.
              Lay down on the floor. Such mud. All sinking.
Day 14: A thinning, bright cloud. By the time
                       It cracked, I was 
                           in a crowd outside. 
                                                Unblinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment