Tuesday, October 9, 2012

So I run ...




I
love
you all.
So I run. ...
(that doesn't make sense.)

I
love
you all.
You make
me smile. So
I run. ... (that's closer.)

I love you all.
You make me smile.
So I think of you near
when you're away: my smile's
the best face I've ever put on and
I'd be happy if it stayed. And I don't know
where you are on this arc, but if I can run faster
through, I'll graze your back, then see your face –
my      smile      will be           there      with                you.

2 comments:

  1. (to all my friends, out in the world, I'm coming.)

    *Thanks to Jess (field dog), Damian (mountain shadows), Rachel (binocular child) Kent&company (congrats, you two), and Ruthie (Golden Gate) for making this collage full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem speaks so much truth because the understanding behind love is ever progressive and love is stronger when you are farther from those you desire. Much like the saying “You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone”, when you “run” you remember all the good times you’ve had with the people you love. This reminds me of all the nostalgic memories I have as a young child with the people who I love and are significant figures in my life. I miss them more when I think of these memories rather than when I am actually with them when I see them. In an essence, one is missing another missing one.

    ReplyDelete