Wednesday, January 31, 2024

That Altar was an Outhouse...




                                                                                             You said once,
                                                             “None of us are heroes.”
                                    I think that's where heroes start:

Watching day-after-day of my falling shits
A hundred times outweighing the flesh called “Me”;
Tasting      too      many     repeats    of
“I know this is going to hurt you, love,
But can't help it, just have to see...”
This back-piling self-disgust that
Will finally rob me of rest,
push my accident of a life
To crawl exhausted
Toward the peace of
Simply serving
Some  one
Else's light.

Heroes all seem to know what a violent lie it is
To deny their overwhelming mass
And exalt their brightest part;

Only frauds seem to forget their shit,
                           And believe “I'm a hero”
                                                           In their heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment