Monday, February 19, 2024

Crossroads ...




When a road 
      comes unbraided,                                       where do I look
            To decide where                           I need to go:
                Into my heart, up              to the sky,
                      To the eyes of an old friend I know?
                           Or perhaps I'll just 
                                  daydream 
                     and trust my               feet,
            Born to run as           they       were,
And own every                           leap,     'til the 
asphalt-weeds                                          whisper,
"This                                                road? It belongs 
                                                                               to her..."

No comments:

Post a Comment