Thursday, September 6, 2012

Eyes bath ...




I jump back out
                                        To that same cradled,
                    Swelled discontent
                               Twitch-quick when
                   These pins dart into me,

                                                           Doc: let them stay.
(that shaking glint –
                    I swear that I
                                 Am fighting
                                        Myself to stay in it.)

                               So real, too real
                       At first to lie
In long – ice bath
              White, those clear
                          Crystal-cracking eyes play

                    Deeper than they
                              Touch, quicker than
      They move, sharper
    Than they seem
(sliding up leg skin, smooth).

                   Around & through
                    (all you do &
                All I tremble
         Feeling). Move
     Into the bath you make.

       Tell me I dream
   The loud cold worse
    Than it is: that
 It heals what
Swells. Ground me with your smile.

  Spin your tendrils
Around my skin:
  Make it tingle.
Make me crawl
Up into me again.

1 comment:

  1. Ever dunked in and out of an ice bath, trying to stay deep because you know it's for the best? Yeah – that's the shape of the poem, more or less:

    {in-Out!
    iiiin-
    outoutout!
    INnnnn-
    out.
    innnnnn-
    ou-
    iiiii-
    iiiin-
    innn-
    in.}

    ReplyDelete