Friday, June 1, 2012

Delay of Idiocy ...

(girl sketch compliments of Wang Niandong)


“Did that sound as bad off-stage as it did up there?”
                                               I say on my way home.
“Thanks – you're kind. But this was my first time – ”
                                                         I change my lane alone.
“We don't come out of the womb tap-dancing.”
                               I watch the glowing gas.
“So what are you taking a break from tonight?”
           I thread through the overpass.
“And where did your two friends go? I sure hope I'm”
     Here's Glenn Annie – my turn.
“not cutting into an urgent text – you tripped me, glancing.”
      The red lights, green lights, burn
“Hope I didn't cross from a holding glance to a stare.”
            Like hope – they damp the stars.
“But it's dim in here, and you tend to attract the light.”
                    They make the shadowed lot – still cars –
“I have to drive back – work to do – but do you think I might”
                     Seem sullen, embarrassed for me.
“I will – I'll call. Staying  mute with you would be a crime.”
                  I'll think of you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment