Thursday, August 16, 2012

Earthbound ...


My love was never any-
thing but carnal
In a heart that was never
anything but meat.

My path was never any-
way but eyeward
In a head set on never
any base but feet.

My throat cried never a meaning
more than breathing
To an audience never further
than the sound.

 They knew I'd broke by the squeal,
  the forehead cracking;
  And prayed I'd mend on the
   salted, muddy ground;

    And needed nothing but skin-
     folds to defend this
      Proposition, no reach but hands
        on my back to pray,

               No sense but earth on my knees
                       to close the circuit:
                                   skin on skin and warm
                                                        through warm, this day.

1 comment:

  1. (just for the record, I think this is my favorite collage so far.)



    *(and HEY! - post comments, you. Especially if you're a stranger. Because half my blog traffic comes from automated hacking programs in Russia. And that's demoralizing. I neeed human contact!!)

    ReplyDelete