Monday, December 7, 2015

Fortitude

{Image to come:}


                                                                               I'm a bad person.
                              That's how I know I'm good:
                                I'm well enough
                      to know I'm sick,
To think, “It's understood
I'm thinly strong
      and in control;
         I'm barely doing right.
                        I'm thickly scared
                                         and volatile
                        And nearly in a fight
                            With any man
                                   I think I'd
                                    break (just to
                                         prove I'm not
                           The scaredest, or
                        the meakest, or
             Softest in the lot),
And with every
woman I can
  overpower (to
     quell that trembling
 ache of lacking the calm
               to draw her in, so
                       Tense with the urge to take),
And with every piece
    of evidence
       against me (to
                              dream I'm good,
             To dump out the ash
               of innocents I've
                         wronged). It's understood.”

No comments:

Post a Comment