Thursday, December 10, 2015

Intersection...



“Good morning!” “Goodbye!”
He goes out; We come in.
One man's salvation is
another man's sin.

She and I make chocolate beet cake.
“He'll grimace,” we grin.
One man's salvation …

“Praise Jesus!” he jump-claps,
with child-like elation.
“If I ask what he meant, will
his levity cave in?

Like the dome on our vegetable-egg-grain creation?”
her tongue by my tongue
… is another man's sin.

His back hurts from gaming,
playing war-craft again. And
he asks us guilt-softly –
for he hates agitation,

“Could you turn down that volume? I'm tucking myself in.”
“So sorry,” as base-notes
crawl through the foundation,

so we whisper and try
to be quiet slipping in.
One man's salvation is ...

“Good morning! Is that cake, yogurt, banana, and raisins?
What a dreamy-good breakfast.
Praise God!” he begins.

His smile hallows me in
my decadent damnation.
And I feel more-than-full
… just another man's sin.

I hum; he leaves skipping.
Our wall's firm, but thin:
to each his own heaven,
sidelong.

We are kin.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ("To Jason, my girlfriend's christian roommate" - 2 September 2013")

    ReplyDelete