Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Replays...



“I really need to send her a note,”
My roommate says, with his brow bent hard,
“And tell her to be mean to you.”
Walking into the iron yard,
“You know I'll level out,” I say,“but for now,
There's still glitter on my throat.”

“Just please don't start singing
While we work out?” he says. “I won't.
But I may still dance between sets.”
“I'll accept this,” he says,
“But shower off tonight – your smile
Pollutes like a cigarette.”

The ghost of a tickle spins
Eights around my chest. My fingers
Replay – like the walls here want
My touch. This barbell extends
From me – {Huh!} I float this weight. “Oh
God, please stop smiling so much.”

1 comment:

  1. "For Jessica. The first girl to hold my hand, or kiss me goodnight, or take me to yoga, or stand wrapped in my arms on a cliff at sunset, run her fingers through my hair or play along my mouth like I were something worth being ingested. That's a feeling worth replaying – 26 June 2013"

    ReplyDelete