Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Poster-child...

{for my father - the misanthrope}


*It started as a typo
and ended as a war.

No one really knew
where the fight was
from or what it
would be
for.
- - - - - - - - - -

“I think it was over money.”
      Well, so is everything.
      “No – sometimes it's over principle.”
           That's a pot for funds-gathering.
    “I mean values, ethics – human rights.”
       That pitch they sell the consumer?
     “No – our mission there, our social goal.”
  I love your sense of humor.

                 “I hate you. And I hope
                       you know that if a
                       chance comes for
                                peace, you
                                won't see
                                        it.”

Son, nothing sells
tickets like songs
of PEACE; they're
sold on the airwaves
and business walls.
If it's not being
whispered (just
a rumble in
  the street)
…we don't
           need
                  it.

No comments:

Post a Comment