Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Qualified... (song)

Click for Melody }


I was down by the shore
Just waiting 'cuz the tide was changing:
Saw a flock of birds,
A dog jumped in to re-arrange 'em –
Never caught a one, but he loved to make them … fly away
(Life always happens in the moment,
still you laugh and dream it over for days).

I was walking through the store
'Cuz my oat bran was down to empty –
Boy was on the floor,
A man bent down with Good & Plenty's:
Child heard that rattle and his eyes shot up like … Willie Mays
Just knocked his heart into the sky
(Man, you can write about those eyes for days).

So the first bell rang at noon;
That schoolgirl's freckles made me shiver.
She said, “Whatcha gonna do?”
I said, “I'll stand up if you deliver.”
She laughed, “Hope Escalante doesn't come and take that … knife away” :)
By the second bell she's gone
(But still you loop that line along and replay).

            ~

I was making soap with you:
Mixed lemongrass, rosemary, cedar.
Oils melted through
That plastic cup, now my 2-seater
Smells like magic forest – and your grandma stares … she's too far away,
Boy, why you huffing that upholstery?”
Girl, you'll know if you stand closely,” I say.

This is probably the last time
I will see you – what a bummer.
Still, we've got some white wine,
Barely any clothes – that's summer:
Time to melt the sky and burn that clingy yesterday off my face
('Cuz ev'ry star up in the sky
Is just another point of light I can chase).

No comments:

Post a Comment